Saturday, January 19, 2013

Welcome...

Nothing brings a family together like the birth of a new baby! We are thrilled to announce the arrival of Elijah James Cardenas, born to our daughter, Shelly, and her husband, Donnie. This is their first baby and our fourth grandchild and all I can say is, "Bring 'em on!"

After three days in the hospital trying to get Eli to give up his temporary abode, he arrived at 2:06 p.m. on January 18, 2013 weighing 9 lbs. and 20" long. And, even if I am the grandmother, I've heard it confirmed from everyone who sees him, HE IS BEAUTIFUL!  I'm sure you will agree!

Sweetness all around!

The happy little family - Donnie, Shelly and Eli

So sweet!

Happy, happy Grandma and Grandpa

Thank you Jesus - he is perfect!

I leave for Haiti tomorrow morning bright and early for two weeks and will return on February 1. Bud, still recovering, won't be coming with me. Thank you in advance for your prayers for traveling mercies. I am excited to welcome the team from Salem E (our home church) to Haiti on Tuesday. My mom is coming and I am very excited to share Haiti with her!

Please continue to pray for Bud as he recovers - the pain continues. However, I can say I am very excited to be in the States with Eli for as much time as the Lord provides - thank you Jesus! His timing, provision, and faithfulness is matchless in every way.


No comments: