Saturday, November 3, 2012

Cindy's Saturday Post

Well, back to Cap Haitian for me...Bud, staying in Port to work with the incoming Homes for Haiti team this upcoming week. He's excited for this opportunity and has been wanting to experience a Homes for Haiti building project for a while. I, on the other hand, needed to get back and greet the incoming team coming on Tuesday who are here to visit some Starfish Kids schools and do various other things. It will be a busy week, but that will help me to not miss Bud so much. (Don't tell him, but all day I've felt pretty out of sorts with him in Port - I keep looking up expecting him to walk through the door!)

Our language training went well and we both felt we gained by the time spent there, now the crucial part is to keep working at it and not let what we've accomplished be wasted by not practicing and continuing to work with our tutors here. Easy to say, but hard to do when the days are already so filled to overflowing. I am praying God gives me better discernment as to the priorities for my time so that I might include more language study, too.

A few weeks ago I posted about a little 12-year old girl who came to the Starfish office asking if she could go to school. I wanted to follow up for those who have asked and yes, she did return, with her mother, and we were able to register her for school. In fact, she and her mom had to return several times, jumped through all the "hoops" to get her books, uniform, etc. and then, as she promised me, just a few days later came to the office with her new uniform, book bag, shoes, hair in ribbons, and glowing with excitement. I am praying for this little one and trusting God to provide a full-time sponsor so that she might grow in wisdom, knowledge, and grace in the Lord. If you are interested in sponsoring this lovely young lady, please let me know!

God is a giver of good gifts and while it seems Beverly received the gift, it was also a gift to me that I was able to be part of it.  Please continue to pray for Beverly, her mother, and her siblings. This might be exactly God's plan for reaching her entire family for the Kingdom.

Thank you for your faithful prayers and encouragement for us, and for Beverly. So much hope, so much promise, so exciting to be a part of helping another experience the love of Jesus. 





2 comments:

Tammy Bowers said...

Oh that does my heart good. Thanks for updating about her.

Unknown said...

Yaay! What about that new Canadian sponsor that signed on a month or two ago? Does he have a child picked out for him?