Sunday, September 4, 2011

Safely Arrived in San Antonio

Yep; here we are relaxing in a nice, comfy hotel in San Antonio --- God is good! We've traveled a lot of hours and put a lot of miles between Oregon and here, but there's still a ways to go. Thankfully we will be in Houston tomorrow to spend a few days with good friends and then on to Florida. Hoping to arrive in Florida by Saturday, finish last minutes details, and make our flight into Haiti on Tuesday, September 13.

God has been so gracious throughout the trip. Goodbyes have not been easy but we have had a peace that can only come from our Lord. Thanks to all our friends, known and unknown, who have been lifting us up in prayer.

We packed the truck and left Salem on Thursday the 1st. Arrived in Grants pass Wed. evening. We then watched the most perfect grand kids so Samantha could attend a funeral at her church Friday morning. . I have been asking for prayer for Dad Lenker as I had anticipated a hard time. You see dad as not been able to hear at all for the last six months or so and I was not sure how it would go. To my amazement when we entered his room he had a $20 gadget from Radio Shack and could clearly hear everything weI said. What a wonderful gift from our Heavenly Father. After spending literally thousands of dollars on hearing aids that failed to work a simple solution worked. Dad was able to hear as I told him our Haiti plans and that I loved him. We had a time of Prayer with Mom, Dad and my older brother, Lewis who was there as well.

Again Thanks for the prayers.

Bud and Cindy

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Good Monday morning,
You should be in the state of Texas by now? As you can see I finally got on the blog and have book marked it so no need to send the address.
Girl I didn't see the personal writing on my quilt until I had it all spread out to show my mom! I was so focused on the scripture I missed it completely. Have a wonderful day and God bless you both abundantly as you travel. I am praying you aren't close to any fires. Hugs, C

Anonymous said...

Hey, we need an update here! Also, what was that amazing Radio Shack product? We could use that for Ed's dad. :-) Love you both and miss you.